How I Find Love, Joy and Happiness in Business
By: Shelly Fink, Owner, Totalita
To me it’s truly all about the little things, and appreciating what you have, right now, not what “you might have”. True happiness and joy are about living in the moment, being excited about what the future holds and working hard towards my goals and dreams. They are a choice.
And in random order here are entries from my gratitude journal – that exemplify love, joy and
- Realizing it’s Friday…
- Feeling the sun of my face…
- And then changing into a sleeveless shirt….
- My children’s hugs before school, for no reason at all
- Having a great husband who I’ve been married to for almost 32 years…
- A great glass of wine before dinner
- A phone call from a friend for a lunch date
- Phone call from husband when travelling, every day…
- Fresh clean sheets
- Owning a business where my 3 children can work and learn
- Trying new tea samples…
- Finding out my favourite show’s new season is on Netflix
- Being at home…
- A new magazine
- An amazing new soap for my shower
- Wearing perfume every day – just for myself.
- Little things my family does for me, like get the snow off my vehicle…
- The smell of fresh popcorn
- Real butter
- The mountains
- Listening to great music
- The smell of my daughter’s hair
- The thought of camping in the summer
- A fresh pedicure
- Summer fruit
- A fantastic movie on the big screen
- A great book
- Sitting around the campfire
- Seeing kindness in my children
- Fuzzy socks
- Thinking about and being thankful for an amazing father, who’s now gone..
- Sound of the rain
- Getting a massage
- Grape ice-cream
- Having a clean car
- Flavoured lip gloss
- A cold beer with a lime in it
- Hiking and exploring new places
- Best girlfriends who are sisters
- My children, who I thought I would never have
- Stretch in my jeans
- Super soft blankets
- Wearing flip flops
- Being in our boat on the water
- Fresh lemons
- Green olives
- Taking photos with my camera
- Any noodle dish
I could really go on and on forever, but the 50 things I listed plus a million more make up the bits and pieces that give me joy, happiness and love. The small things are what joy is all about.
Happiness really - is simply finding the joy in each passing second, remembering all the good from the past and looking with hope towards the future.
And to get love, GIVE Love.
About the Author
Shelley is the managing owner working alongside those children who work in the storefront setting and the warehouse. This coupled with her husband’s handiwork make TotaliTea truly a family-run venture. In her free time, Shelley loves camping, travelling as often as possible and photography. One of her favourite quotes reads: “All who wander are not lost”. Connect with Shelley at www.totalitea.com